Gulbene town portal

Review objects

Print
Vecgulbene manor

Vecgulbene manor (0)

Address: Between Brīvības and Parka streets, Gulbene.

In the proximity of the destroyed in 1577 castle of Riga archbishop a manor started formation in the 17th century.

64474800
Spārītes un Emze parks

Spārītes un Emze parks (0)

Address: In the North-Eastern part of Gulbene.

In the 19th century during reign of Heinrich von Wolf the beautiful Emze and Spārīte parks were formed with ponds and sculptures that are preserved nowadays in the depiction of museum photographs.

Krustalīce

Krustalīce (0)

Address: .

The only river of Gulbene, small with many curves and ravines

Gulbene railway station

Gulbene railway station (0)

Address: 8 Dzelzceļa street, Gulbene.

The built in 1926 Gulbene station was called in the press the biggest and most modern station of Latvian province that time.

Gulbene Agriculture Union Savings Association buildings

Gulbene Agriculture Union Savings Association buildings (0)

Address: 65 Riga street, Gulbene.

Built in 1927, design project by architect A.Maidelis in the modernized Baroque style. Now there – branch of Latvian Savings Bank.

Gulbene State Commercial and Trade school

Gulbene State Commercial and Trade school (0)

Address: 10 Skolas street, Gulbene.

Built in 1928 following the project design of I. Blankenburg. Now – Gulbene gymnasium.

Vecgulbene manor Forester `s house

Vecgulbene manor Forester `s house (0)

Address: 4 Ozolu street, Gulbene.

It is a log building with bell tower and woodcarvings, built in the second half of the 19th century.

Gulbene old station and Tea House

Gulbene old station and Tea House (0)

Address: Viestura street, Gulbene.

The station was built around 1903 at the narrow gauge railway line and is situated opposite the existent now station building. This building did not work as a station for long. With construction of a broad-gauge railway it was necessary to build a new station – closer to the rails. Some time both station buildings were operating. Soon for the comfort of passengers the narrow gauge railway line Gulbnee – Alūksne was moved closer to the new station. Now the building is dwelling house. Tea House is situated just opposite the old station building. It was also built in 1903 as waiting room for passengers. Used as a dwelling house now.

Monument in memory of the fallen for freedom of Latvia Gulbene parish members

Monument in memory of the fallen for freedom of Latvia Gulbene parish members (0)

Address: 15 Brīvības street, Gulbene.

Monument of Freedom (opposite Evangelic Lutheran church) was opened in 1929 following the sketch design of E. Āboliņš with the help of inhabitant donations. Dedicate to the fallen in 1905 fighters of World War, victims of Stučka government revolutionary tribunals and heroes of Gulbene Parish. During Soviet time it was destroyed, but renovated in 1992 (sculptor O.Feldbergs).

Sculpture

Sculpture "Game" (0)

Address: 60 a O.Kalpaka street, Gulbene.